Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Candied Fruit Recipe by Beth Crace

Candied Fruit Recipe by Beth Crace

It's the holiday season when fruit cakes abound. I have always bought the container of pre-chopped, ready-to-go candied fruit to make my fruit cake. This year I decided to try a different fruit cake recipe, but there was a problem. The recipe called for candied orange peel and citron. I did not visit every store in town, but decided to give up when I did not find it after visiting a few stores.

So, after a few searches on the internet, I decided I would make my own. I was already at Algood Super Walmart, so I grabbed two oranges, two lemons and one lime. (Because the closest fruits to citron I could find was lemons and limes.) What else? Water and sugar, and I definitely had those at home.

I knew it would not be difficult, just a little time consuming to make the candied peels. So, after this discovery, I highly doubt I will ever purchase the ready-to-go concoctions, that contain high fructose corn syrup, ever again. It's so easy and I know it will make my fruit cake that much more tasty.

You can view this recipe here: Candied Fruit Recipe by Beth Crace


No comments:

Post a Comment